Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Rose

The Rose Cocktail

2 oz dry Vermouth
1 oz Kirschwasser
1 teaspoon raspberry syrup

Recipe from Vintage Spirits & Forgotten Cocktails by Ted Haigh

The was the drink turned out is not really what the recipe implies. I thought I had Kirschwasser, but in fact I had Edel Kirsch, which is not cherry brandy but rather a Cherry Liquer. Also, I didnt have any raspberry syrup so I substituted for grenadine, but I think this substitution is relatively minor.

So in light of my confusion regarding ingredients and the intentional substitution how did the drink turn out? Really good. I thought it was delicious, if a bit on the sweet side. Marta really really liked it, but she does have a sweet tooth. This drink was almost like sipping liquid candy or something. All three ingredients came through nicely. I will make this again once I get some Kirschwasser to compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment