Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Lucien Gaudin Cocktail

Lucien Gaudin Cocktail

1 oz. gin
1/2 oz. dry vermouth
1/2 oz. Campari
1/2 oz. Cointreau

Mix with ice, strain and garnish with orange.

I first found this cocktail on an episode of The Cocktail Spirit and it looked like a good opportunity to try out Campari again after I did not really enjoy my first encounter with the ingredient in the Negroni Cocktail.

While the Lucien Gaudin uses half as much Campari as the Negroni I still found the bitterness of the Campari strong for me. Marta on the other hand thought the drink was quite delicious. After taking a couple sips I think the Campari started to grow on me and my last few sips were more enjoyable. Still I think I need to experiment with Campari more to find out if this is an ingredient that I will actually enjoy drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment