Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Barbara West Cocktail

2 oz gin (Gordon's)
1 oz sherry (Sandeman Fino)
1/2 fresh lemon juice
1 dash Angostura

Where did it all go wrong? Gordon's gin? The suspect Sandeman Fino sherry?

The drink with the ingredients above was not good. Marta and I took a couple sips and the rest went to the sink. The gin, Gordon's, was super strong in flavor, it tasted almost chemical. The Sherry had almost no impact on the drink. This sherry has a very light flavor and was completely covered up by the gin.

I had been making drinks with Bombay Sapphire but I bought a bottle of Gordon's so I could try a different type of gin and decided to go with the "standard" gin that you will find in most home bars, probably because its cheap. Anyway, next time I will try with Bombay Sapphire or another gin entirely, also a more robust Sherry is a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment