Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hanky Panky


The Hanky Panky Cocktail

1 1/2 oz gin (Gordon's)
1 1/2 oz sweet vermouth (Martini Rosso)
2 dashes Fernet Branca (Fernet Lazzaroni)

Stir well with ice in mixing glass. Strain into chilled cocktail glass. Twist orange peel over surface of drink.

Recipe from Vintage Spirits and Forgotten Cocktails by Ted Haigh.


Nice drink. Even with the Gordon's. The Fernet I used is not of the Branca variety, but I suspect any Fernet would work well in this drink. Would like to test out some other gin varieties in this drink. I had Bombay Sapphire on hand, but wanted keep using Gordon's in drinks to see if it is a Gin that I can realistically use in mixed drinks and expect to get a drinkable result.

The mix between equal parts gin and sweet vermouth is quite nice. The Fernet comes through a bit at the end, but I thought it would have been stronger. Marta seemed to pick up on the Fernet more than I did,p but I might have added another dash or so of the Fernet to the drink to see how it turns out.


No comments:

Post a Comment