Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pernod Parachute - Pineapple Week

Pernod Parachute


1 1/2 oz pastis
3 oz cranberry juice
3 oz pineapple juice

Build in Highball/Collins glass and fill with ice.


Wow, delicious. I was bracing my self for something else entirely than what this drink turned out to be. The drink starts out fruity with a hint of anise, but then the anise flavor develops in your mouth but all the time it has this sweet fruity edge to it. Marta was not as enthusiastic about this drink as I was. Might have something to do with her claiming that it tastes like cough medicine from her childhood. While the drink is called the Pernod Parachute, all I had was Ricard. I suspect using Ricard altered the drink very little if any.

Anyway, I thought it was a nice refreshing drink with a very interesting combination of flavors.


No comments:

Post a Comment